With the advent of internet and social media platforms like Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn it seems like generating leads become more easier than the days without internet. Well it is easier said than done, bit if it can be done properly – it is true. Your business is now open for 365 days, 24 x 7 and million people reaching your digital shopfront, but how do you know who’s coming, interested on your products and how can you follow up with the prospects after they move away from your website, Facebook page or LinkedIn profile? How do you know which pages or posts attract more people and which are not relevant to them? How do you penetrate to your targeted customers and convert them to paid customers?
There are several digital marketing and lead generation strategies and most commonly known are SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), Content Marketing, Remarketing, Responsive web design, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Marketing automation. There are also many tools available to achieve the benefit of the strategies.
We have summarised few lead generation strategies and 39 tools to implement them that are available in the market. Majority of them offer free trials and some are free for a limited use.
Digital Marketing and Lead generation tools
- Lead data collection tools
These tools help collect data on your prospects such as who visited your site or contact information so that you can follow up/reach out to potential prospects.
- Leadfeeder (See the Companies Visiting Your Site, Send Them to Your CRM and Marketing Tools)
- Prospect.io (Find & Verify Email Addresses)
- Email lookup tools
These tools help to automate the process of finding someone’s email address.
- Voila Norbert (Find anyone’s contact information for lead research)
- Hunter.io (find emails by typing in the person’s name and their company)
- MailTester.com (enter in an email will check if that email address exists)
- Skrapp (a tool specifically for finding someone’s LinkedIn email)
- Email Follow up Tools
- Boomerang (a Gmail extension that allows you to schedule emails)
- Hubspot Sales (One of the best features of Hubspot Sales is the ability to track email opens)
- Form & Email Collection Tools
These tools are all about collecting emails on your site in order to build your email list, either for future drip campaigns or to simply build a larger list for content promotion.
- Sumo (one of the most popular tools for listing building and capturing emails on your site)
- OptinMonster (a tool similar to Sumo)
- Convert Plus (another tool for displaying popup forms on your website. However, instead of a SaaS solution, this tool is offered as WordPress plugin)
- Fieldboom (an all-in-one customer feedback tool for offering different types of forms on your site)
- Email Marketing Tools
- Mailchimp (Email marketing, ads, landing pages, and automation tool)
- ActiveCampaign (Integrated email marketing, marketing automation, and small business CRM)
- Landing page creation and capture tools
- Complete Marketing automation tools
- Process Automation tools
These tools help you save time by automatically completing routine actions. They can be used directly to find leads by notifying you of new postings on a specific directory, or they can simply help you save time by automating mundane tasks.
- Live Chat
- Social & Forum tools
These tools can help to save time finding leads on social networks such as LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Contest tools
Running a contest can be a great way to create brand awareness and get people to signup to your email list. From there, you can continue to market to them through email drip campaigns. Below, are a few tools that will make it easy to create and promote a viral contest.
- Customer research/survey tools : Using survey and customer research tools, you can gain useful information on your target audience such as what websites they visit, if they found your website useful, how much they’re willing to spend, etc. All of this information can then be used to tweak your website and sales process to better serve potential customers.
- Calendar Scheduling tools
Calendar tools are useful in lead generation to schedule meetings without going through a lot of back and forth between prospects to find a time that works. By allowing potential prospects to simply schedule a time on your calendar, you can make it much easier to schedule sales calls or demo requests.
We hope the above article will help you get more leads and more sales done.
Digital Team – Yellow Connection